During this COVID-19 Pandemic please don’t hesitate to contact me as I am always available.
I am still accepting listings and helping clients navigate the housing market at this time.
Please stay safe and healthy!
9 TIPS TO KEEP YOUR HOME SECURE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
- Make sure gifts aren’t visible from outside.
- As nice as it is to see a tree with gifts beneath it through the window, it also allows burglars to size up your home.
- Watch what you post on social media.
- Burglars search social media to see what gifts people received and when people are going out of town.
- Be careful about disposing of packaging.
- Burglars tend to look through trash to see type of gifts that may be present in the home. Don’t let packaging sit out for days.
- Don’t run external lights through a window.
- The little wedge left from the cord is enough for a burglar to pry their way in.
- Make sure your home is well-lit.
- The use of floodlights and motion activated lights may help deter unwanted visitors.
- Put your lights on a timer.
- If it appears as though someone is home (even when the house is empty), the more likely a burglar is to bypass the house.
- Make use of Motion Sensor.
- They could be used to trip lights or an alarm. Both will likely deter an “funny business.”
- Be wary of door to door donation seekers.
- Unfortunately, burglars use charitable organizations asking for donations as a cover to take a peek inside a home.
- Secure your home.
- Check doors and windows to make sure all locks are intact. It also wouldn’t be bad to invest in a home security system, if you haven’t done so already.